Thursday, September 30, 2010

Get Ready - Here Comes a Vent

Everyone needs to vent sometimes. Those that know me know that I vent a lot. It doesn't mean that I am a miserable person, just that I choose not to internalize my negative feelings (at least that's how I justify it to myself). Here are a few of the things that are making me shake my head and frown at the moment. I expect all future blog entries may have a few "vent of the week" items at the end.

  • Grown women wearing their hair in pigtails. Really. If you are over the age of 10 (and 10 is really pushing it, people) you have no business whatsoever wearing your hair styled that way. Especially not in public. Are you trying to attract perverts? Are you trying desperately to cling to your youth? Are you just as dumb as a box of rocks and think that it looks good? Unless it's Halloween (and even then you should think it through), just don't.
  • Miley Cyrus. I don't see the appeal. At all. She has a chubby child face and dresses like a street walker. I get that she sings and plays instruments and I appreciate talent like that because I don't have it, but there's something about her that bothers the hell out of me.
  • Decorating for holidays. If I didn't have kids there would be no Christmas tree. Don't get me wrong - I like my house being decorated, I just wish someone else would come and do it for a reasonable fee. By reasonable, I mean free.
  • Doctor's office waiting rooms. I feel like I have those special glasses that allow me to see human fluids with a black-light like on CSI but with germs. I feel like I can literally see the germs on everything from the doorknob to the chair to the pen I use to sign in. I hate them even more when I have to sit in them far past my scheduled appointment time, but that's a different thing altogether. At my last appointment I had to wait over an hour past my scheduled appointment time. When I complained politely the doctor basically told me to get over it. Needless to say that almost ended in violence.
That's all I've got for now. I'm sure I will have more by next week - these entries may get shorter since I don't have the discipline to write things down when I think of them and save them all for one normal-sized entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment